In honor of National Sandwich Day, we created the best vegetarian sandwich you will EVER try! It is filled with a wide variety of our flavorful produce and a few extras. Give it a go, and let us know what you think!
- 1 3pk Aurora Sweets™ – long, sweet peppers, seeded and sliced in half
- 2 Pure Flavor® Baby Eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Pure Flavor® Heirloom Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Pure Flavor® English Cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Boston Green Living Lettuce™, leaves peeled
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 green zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix basil, parsley and chives with ricotta cheese and set aside.
- Arrange sliced Aurora Sweets™, Pure Flavor® Baby Eggplants, portobello mushrooms, green zucchini and red onion on a baking tray. Sprinkle vegetables with dried oregano and minced garlic, then drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle olive oil on ciabatta bread slices and toast in oven till edges are browned.
- Spread herbed ricotta cheese on bread slices. Top bottom slices with layers of roasted vegetables. Top roasted vegetables with sliced Pure Flavor® Heirloom Tomato and Pure Flavor® English Cucumber. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, then top with Boston Green Living Lettuce™.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.