- 5 lbs Aurora Bites™ Mini Peppers, washed, deseeded and halved
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Pure Flavor Beefsteak Slicer Tomato, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ¾ of green onions and stir 1 minute. Mix in shredded chicken, taco seasoning, water and red pepper flakes. Stir until evenly covered. Reduce temperature to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange sliced Aurora Bites™ Mini Peppers close together in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over the Aurora Bites™ Mini Peppers. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and sprinkle toppings. Serve and enjoy!
- For vegetarian option, substitute chicken with extra-firm tofu, and add a cup of black beans.
- Add chopped herbs like cilantro or coriander for extra flavor.
- For extra crunch, add additional toppings like chopped Pure Flavor® Living Lettuce.