- 2 Pure Flavor® Baby Eggplants
- 2 Pure Flavor® Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Pure Flavor® Aurora Sweets™
- 1 zucchini
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- ½ tsp. parsley, dried
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomato paste, garlic, onions, crushed pepper flakes, oregano, basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread sauce over bottom of oval oven safe dish evenly.
- Remove ends from eggplants, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes. Using a mandolin, slice thin even slices horizontally.
- Arrange slices of vegetables in desired pattern starting on outer edge of dish overlapping so that 1/3 of each vegetable slice is visible.
- With remaining tablespoon of olive oil, drizzle overtop vegetables. Season atop with parsley and fresh thyme by running fingertips down stem. Season with salt and pepper as well to taste.
- Cover dish with piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Vegetables should still have structure and sauce should be bubbling up. Remove from oven and serve as desired.
- There may be sauce and vegetable slices leftover, use in another dish
- Cut eggplants last to limit browning