- 2 Pure Flavor ®Beefsteak Slicer Tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp, extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 4 fresh basil sprigs, chopped
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove calyx and wash tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half. Remove and discard the seeds and juice. Be careful not to go through the tomato skin
- Place the tomatoes cut side down, set aside to dry
- In a small skillet, sauté garlic and onion in oil for 1 minute. Add bread crumbs, cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Place dried tomatoes cut side up in a deep baking dish. Add bread crumb mixture, salt and pepper into tomatoes evenly. Sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese. Bake at 325° for 15 – 20 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly softened.