- 3½-4 lbs Pure Flavor® Sangria™ medley tomatoes, halved
- Half a medium white onion, cut in ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup raisins or currants
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground or ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Sauté the onions with olive oil until tender and clear.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Balance the sugar and vinegar to your liking and cook until thickened to a jam-like consistency.
- Transfer to sterilized glass jars and refrigerate for up to two weeks, or use a hot-water canning bath for 15 minutes for long-term storage.