- 2 Pure Flavor® Purple Eggplants, cut in half length wise
- 3-4 Pure Flavor® Aurora® mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 6-8 oz. Ground beef
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- Fresh parsley and basil
- Panko or breadcrumbs
- Shredded Parmesan
- Sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place eggplants on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the flesh is tender and let cool.
- In the meantime, marinate ground beef with sesame oil, salt & pepper.
- When the eggplants are cool enough to touch, carefully scoop out the flesh and roughly chop. Set eggplant skin/bowl aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef for 5 to 10 minutes. Add chopped onion, pepper & eggplant into the ground beef till cooked.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant skin, and top with breadcrumb and cheese. Bake till cheese is melted.
Add salt and pepper, if desired.
Meat substitute – Couscous; Replace step 2 and use the following direction:
Place the couscous in a heatproof container, pour in the measured water, and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 5 minutes, then remove the plastic wrap and fork through.