Have you ever been to a Japanese restaurant and wonder, “How in the world did they make that deep fried food so light and fluffy?”
Pure Flavor Kitchen Team has made an easy and simple recipe just for you!
Try this at home and your friends and family just can’t resist the ‘ouuu’ and ‘wow’s’.
1 cup ice water
1 cup Kikkoman Tempura Batter Mix
1 cup corn starch
250ml (1 cup) whole/light mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs wholegrain mustard
1 tbs seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
2 Pure Flavor® Purple Baby Eggplants
½ juice of a lemon
¼ cup chopped Green Onions for garnish
salt and pepper for taste
- In a tall pot or deep fryer, heat enough oil to cover vegetables completely at 350 degrees F.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse eggplants and thoroughly dry with paper towel.
- Slice Eggplant in a 45 degree angle. Place all eggplant slices in a bowl, add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix evenly.
- In a separate bowl beat Egg and have another bowl of corn starch ready.
- Combine Batter mix with ice water. Stir until smooth – DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Dip eggplant slices into beat egg, corn starch and batter coating completely and into oil.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until light golden.
Make about 2 – 3 servings.