Looking for inspiration after Thanksgiving? Try one of these easy wraps, each using turkey as the base:
Sauté a couple of bell peppers (like our Aurora Sweets TM long sweet peppers) along with some onions until all are tender.
- Lay a large wrap in the bottom of a fry pan on low heat. Place grated cheese, turkey pieces, and sautéed peppers on one half of the wrap, and then fold the other half over the top. Cover and heat for 2 minutes, then flip the wrap over and heat another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Next: Turkey Apple Wrap:
- Use a large-size wrap. Place Swiss cheese slices, turkey pieces, diced apple, and sliced cucumber in a row down the center of the wrap.
- Fold the sides inward about a half inch, and then roll.
Idea: For a creamier taste, try spreading plain yogurt or mayo on the wrap, too. You can also substitute any type of cheese to suit your preference. Experiment to find your favourite!
And last, but not least: California-style…
This delicious sandwich will make you forget how healthy the ingredients really are!
- Use a large wrap (we like tomato basil or spinach), spread mayonnaise, and place turkey pieces, sliced tomato, sliced ripe avocado, cucumber slices and a filler, like alfalfa sprouts or baby spinach, in a row down the middle.
- Fold in the edges and roll.
The great thing about wraps is that you can stuff them full of healthful veggies that might not otherwise fit nicely between two pieces of bread. Discover your signature taste!